Saturday, April 23, 2011

Costume Nazi Part 1

In recent times [as in right now] I am in charge of costuming my high schools musical "Little Women"

I am a theatre Geek, generally I am an actress, and when I do community theatre I generally get a good role, so when the auditions came up for little women, and I was offered a good role by a community theatre instead of my high school (which never gives me a descent role) I was greatly tempted to accept, however it being my senior year I wanted to do something with my school and I wanted to be all school spirity, thus I decided that I would do the School Musical, but I said I wouldn’t take a crappy role... so I didn’t get casted cuz, well, basically the directors an idiot and while I do love mooost of the cast there are still a few that well... pre-Madonna doesn't even begin cover...

Still I wanted to be involved in theatre I decided to Tech, and I can sew [not very well] but I do posses the skill. So I was like 'Hey I could do costumes :D' but I also decided to do a sport, so now I am in tennis and costuming, it makes me upset when I have to miss tennis which I have done a lot for the stupid costumes :(

But anyway back to the point of this post... you really should not piss off those who are costuming you because,
1-they could let you go naked and wouldn’t feel bad about it at all [trust me there is no guilt]
2- They could do a really bad job so you look like crap while everyone looks fine [teehee] {you can tell costumers favorite most times}
3- They can also kick you out of costume shop and talk to everyone in cast about how annoying you are and tell the story of how mean you were to them, and consequently get the cast mad/unhappy with you [works very well actually]

Even knowing this there are still some very rude people -.- one girl we'll call her "think I know better even though I’m stupid and know nothing" idiot for short.
Well idiot came in and supplied her own costumes which are great cuz that means less work for me yay!
Except than she got all huffy about a different girls costume... really? You’re not even wearing it... okay whatever
Then she asks if anyone here actually knew how to sew.... [Keep in mind I’m pinning some girls dress to take in] ....and than I make the announcement if you’re not trying on or directly involved in costumes you should leave... she didn't take the hint so that I blatantly told her to leave... she still didn't than our school's director came in, I grabbed her arm and told her I was about to rip Idiots hair out make her leave... she did nothing....

ROAR the costume Nazi was very much not pleased

But at least I had respect from the entire cast minus idiot, and the rest of the cast was vastly annoyed with her even though I did not say a word there were enough others in the room that it got around
which makes the costume Nazi pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment