Monday, December 27, 2010

The dreaded first post

After deciding that my computer did not give me available access to the “infinite knowledge” to which my mother holds, I sat down to the family computer, fretting over which story or collection of stories I would post as my first post…
Of course I would worry over such trivial matters… worrying too much about word choice and what would make me sound less like an idiot… I quickly wrote my story edited and gave a copy to the holder of ‘Infinite knowledge’ my mommy, asking worriedly “does it sound okay? How’s the flow?? Should I scrap it? Is it worth saving?” She smiled… and then said "oh its fine, I like it…" I asked again, “you sure? You sure it’s okay?” she said “You’ll get better in time” oh… well THAT’S comforting…… hope i don't sound too dumb...

So for all of you poor people who are now reading this blog, which I realize will only ever be one or two [though secretly I’ll wish for a large group of followers] this is a start of some very awkward stories, which are the stories of my life. I hope you enjoy.

And then a turtle walked by

No comments:

Post a Comment